Aiva is a fruit with which a person is familiar with distanttimes. In Ancient Greece, this fruit was a symbol of family well-being, and in medieval Europe a sign of love and passion. Quince has an unusual taste and fragrant aroma, but it is not used in its raw form. Most often this fruit is used in cooked food, so many are interested in whether quince is useful after such heat treatment.The composition of quince
This marvelous fruit has unique healing properties, which are due to the richest composition, so let's consider what vitamins and nutrients are available in quince:
- vitamin A;
- Vitamin PP;
- Vitamins of group B;
- Vitamin E;
- vitamin C;
- Organic acids;
- alimentary fiber;
- mono- and disaccharides, and others.
Nutritional value of quince per 100 g:
- proteins - 0.7 g;
- Fats - 0.5 g;
- Carbohydrates - 9,3 g;
- Caloric value is 47 kcal.
The benefits and harm of quince
Thanks to the composition, which has abundant content of various vitamins and medicinal components, quince is recognized as one of the most healing fruits with many useful properties:
- It is a febrifuge. It is recommended to use quince during colds and diseases of the upper respiratory tract, especially if such ailments are accompanied by high fever.
- This fruit is very useful for cardiovascularSystem. Infusion of fruits helps to strengthen the heart muscle, prevents the development of hypertension, prevents the formation of vascular plaques.
- Improves the condition and work of the digestive systemSystem. Perfectly cleanses the intestinal walls from toxins and other harmful substances, normalizes digestion, helps to cope with a loose stool, lowers cholesterol.
- Quince ordinary also has pricelessuseful properties for the female body. Decoction of the seeds of this fruit helps to cope with heavy bleeding during menstruation, juice is recommended for infertility and during cystitis.
- Quince is also useful in diabetics, because reduces the level of sugar in the blood.
- Helps to cope with stress, gives vivacity, cheers up.
Quince can harm the body if used in the following diseases:
- Stomach ulcer and duodenal ulcer;
- Chronic constipation.
According to some reports, the use of quince can badly affect the larynx and vocal cords.