On the shelves are representedEnergy drinks, the producers of which position them as a safe product, so they are sold to adolescents. In fact, scientists have already proved that energy carries a serious danger to health.
Energy drinks - what is it?
As a rule, power engineering is aCarbonated beverage, the ingredients of which stimulate the nervous, cardiovascular and endocrine system. The first representatives in this category of products was the "Red Bull", which is still at the peak of popularity. Doctors say that drinks for energy even with the use of an authorized dose have such an invigorating effect that after a recession of euphoria the body needs rest for 3-4 hours.
Composition of energy drinks
All power engineers contain in their composition a lot of glucose and sucrose, as for the list and proportions of additional ingredients, it is the producer who decides. The most common additives include:
- Caffeine. This is a psychoactive stimulant that is in the usual tea and coffee. Caffeine has a stimulating effect, but it is temporary.
- Theobromine and taurine. The first substance is a powerful stimulant, which is used in women's favorite chocolate. Taurine in energy drinks is needed to influence the nervous system.
- Glucuronolactone and L-carnitine. These substances, are part of the products, and the necessary dose a person receives with proper nutrition. Scientists have not yet revealed how an overdose affects the body.
- Vitamins B and D-ribose. These are useful substances that a person needs. They do not possess energy properties.
- Guarana and ginseng. These are natural stimulants, which in small amounts are useful. If the dosage is exceeded, there are problems with the nervous system and pressure jumps.
- Some manufacturers include different dyes, preservatives, acidity regulators, stabilizers, and so on.
How does an energy drink work?
Immediately after eating energy people inmost of the time they feel a surge of strength and vivacity. Energy for this is due to the absorption of easily assimilated carbohydrates into the blood, that is, sugar, and the use of internal reserves of the body. As a result, exhaustion occurs, which occurs after a few hours. If you are interested in how much an energy drink works, then it is worth knowing that it is not more than 2-4 hours. After that, the body will take time to normalize its work.
Types of energy drinks
Manufacturers "caring" about their customers, offer a wide range of products, so to the common types include such energy:
- With a high caffeine content. This option is chosen for students, drivers and people who need to work at night.
- With lots of carbohydrates and vitamins. These are so-called "sports" energy drinks, which are suitable for those who lead an active lifestyle.
- Low-calorie. This kind is intended for people who are worried about their figure.
Energy drinks - good and bad
The question of useful properties and possibleHarm, was carefully studied, due to which scientists were able to draw a number of important conclusions. Energy drinks have a more extensive list of side effects and contraindications than good, so before buying a new jar you need to think 100 times if you need to risk your health for a few hours of vivacity.
Damage to energy drinks
If you drink one jar of energy, then a specialHarm to the body can not be brought, but their systematic use can cause serious problems. Scientists have proved that such drinks cause dependence in the body and when the body does not receive the next dose, the person feels a breakdown, irritability and so on. Finding out what are harmful energy drinks, pay attention to such unpleasant consequences:
- Cardiovascular system suffers, for example, arrhythmia may occur, pressure jumps and rapid heartbeat can be observed.
- Doctors in men recorded the occurrence of problems in the sexual sphere, as the potency decreases.
- To a greater extent, energy drinks affecton the nervous system. With frequent use, a person has insomnia, unreasonable anxiety, unmotivated nervousness, depression and so on.
- More often there are jumps in blood sugar, exhaustion, nausea and vomiting, and tremor.
- There is a certain list of those to whomcategorically prohibited the use of power engineers. It includes people with glaucoma, mild excitability of the nervous system, sleep disorders, cardiovascular diseases, insomnia, hypertension, and even pregnant and breastfeeding women.
Benefits of energy drinks
To assert that there is no benefit from power engineering at all,wrong, but it should be noted that there are drinks, the composition of which can cause harm to the human body, so pay attention to this. To understand if an energy drink is useful, let's consider the advantages that specialists note:
- Included in the composition of glucose quickly penetrates into the blood and contributes to a sense of energy. If we compare it with coffee, then the charge of vivacity from the energy sector will last more than 2 hours.
- Stimulates mental activity, which is especially appreciated by students.
- Energy drinks increase physical endurance and contain a number of vitamins useful for the body.
- They cheer up and support it for a couple of hours longer than coffee does.
Energy drinks for weight loss
To cope with obesity, manygo to the gym, where you can say goodbye to the accumulated calories. To work more effectively and for longer, some people drink different dopes. Energy drinks and excess weight are not connected in any way, after using them the person feels a tide, but this is not reflected in the strength of muscles. In addition, drinking before the training of energy is dangerous, and doctors even recorded several deaths.
How to make an energy drink?
To protect yourself from harmfulpower engineers with an incomprehensible composition, it is better to prepare them yourself. The ingredients used are accessible and useful to the human body. Natural energy drinks will not have such a pronounced effect, but you can not worry about negative consequences. There are many recipes, consider a couple of options.
Energy drink at home with raspberries
- Water - 2 l;
- jam of raspberry - 4 tbsp. spoons;
- ascorbic acid - 300-400 g;
- rose hip syrup - 4 tbsp. spoons;
- a little lemon juice.
- Instead of raspberries in this recipe you can use honey. Mix thoroughly all the ingredients.
- The drink will increase your stamina and help gain body weight with its lack.
Energy drink with tea
- Boiling water - 2 items;
- tea in sachets - 6 pcs .;
- ascorbic acid - 40 drops of 50 mg;
- cold water - 2 tbsp.
- First, pour the tea with boiling water and insist for 15 minutes.
- Thoroughly mix the ingredients and put the drink in the refrigerator for a while.
Dependence on energy drinks
Many mistakenly believe that they can easilyto refuse from the use of invigorating drinks, because they already have dependence. Many countries have long ago classified such goods as dangerous and do not sell them to children. The influence of energy drinks on the human body can be compared with light drugs, as there are disturbances in the work of the nervous system, biorhythms, perception of the world, the threshold of stress-resistance decreases, insomnia appears, and so on.
Many people confirm that whenenergy drinks ceased to bring pleasure, they switched to other doping and drugs, which seriously aggravated the situation. If you yourself do not get to stop using drinks, then you need to see a doctor, because it's about chemical dependence. A person needs rehabilitation, physical recovery and psycho correction.
Side Effects of Energy Drinks
Scientists have conducted studies that showed,that with the frequent use of power engineers, internal organs and body systems begin to suffer, for example, there are problems associated with the digestive system, the liver and the endocrine system. With chronic use, diabetes and obesity develop. Side effects of energy drinks can be even more terrible if you combine them with alcohol. Such a tandem can cause death and many cases have already been fixed by doctors.
Energy drinks - interesting facts
A lot of interesting information is related to the topic of energy users, so we can single out the following facts:
- Drink such products in strict accordance with the dosage, so the maximum daily allowance is two jars, but this does not mean that they need to be drunk daily.
- Energy drinks for athletes are verydangerous, so the doping limit is 12 mg of caffeine per 1 liter of urine. To do this, enough to drink 1-4 energy banks. Doctors forbid to use it after training to restore strength.
- The body needs 3-5 hours to get rid of caffeine, so the energy ambassador is not recommended to drink other drinks that contain it.
- In 2010, alcoholic energy drinks were completely withdrawn from the sale in America, since it was concluded that they would harm the body.
- The lethal dose for a person is 150 cans at a time.
- The best energy drink - cooked inhome conditions, but if you rely on existing ratings, the leading position is occupied by Red Bull, although there are dangerous substances in its composition.